SHELL V POWER RACING TEAM 2018 SANDOWN 500 CELEBRATING 30 YEARS PRINT
Openpay is available on orders from $100 - $1,000.
Only 3 left in stock
As a team with one of the richest histories in Australian motorsport, Shell V-Power Racing Team / DJR Team Penske will be celebrating a milestone moment from the past with their liveries at the 2018 Sandown 500 Retro Round.
Their #12 and #17 2018 Ford FGX Falcons will race featuring a special one-off retro themed livery based on Dick Johnson’s Shell Ultra-Hi Racing Ford Sierra RS500 which he drove to win the 1988 Australian Touring Car Championship – with 2018 marking the 30th Anniversary of the achievement.
The 1988 season was a particularly dominant one for Dick Johnson Racing, with Johnson and his then teammate John Bowe taking victory in eight of the nine rounds. It was Johnson’s fourth Australian Touring Car title, with Bowe finishing second in the points for a Shell 1-2.
Johnson, now co-owner of the front-running Virgin Australia Supercars outfit Shell V-Power Racing Team, has fond memories of that era.
“Those Sierras were the best Touring Cars on the planet, and we were completely and totally on top of our game,” said Johnson.
“Seeing that classic livery on these cars is very special and brings back many great memories. It’s hard to believe it’s been 30 years, but amazing to relive those fantastic times and see that livery back on track.”
- Print features #17 Shell V Power Racing Team from the 2018 Sandown 500 and #17 Dick Johnson Racing Sierra that won the championship 30 years ago that the 2018 car is honouring
- Features artwork of Australian designer/illustrator Tristan Groves
- Print measures 841mm W x 594mm H (A1 size)
- Individually numbered and signed by the artist
- Limited edition which will be determined by pre orders